- Provide an intensive, community-based, summer arts enrichment program for the at-risk children who reside in Ohio's Nelsonville-York City School District where art is not offered at the elementary and middle school levels.
- Nurture relationships between the children and the resident artists on the square and provide the children with experience working inside the studios. In turn, families come to the studios to participate as audience. Families become more familiar with the workings in the galleries when their children share their new experiences when they get home. The community bonds through the common thread of art.
- Boost the self-esteem of the participants. Provide a safe space to explore and express feelings through creative exploration.
- Provide wellness components and enrichment activities to provide more holistic programming.
- Create jobs for artists, high school students and community members in an underserved, economically disadvantaged area. In turn, by spending 95% of our program dollars in the community, we stimulate the local economy.
- Expand Paper Circle's reach with innovative, sustainable grass-roots programming. Contribute to the creation and enrichment of community while advancing our mission.
- Provide art as the catalyst for change from within. Parents will see their children in a new light of accomplishment. Children will see themselves in a new light by accomplishing. Teachers grow through the accomplisments of collaboration and from thier experiences in the classroom studios.
- Enrich and enliven a community through the arts. Provide an outlet for all members to both work productively toward and contribute to change that benefits all members. Break down barriers and build bridges between factions of community members.
- Create a model by which other communities could also integrate, serve and celebrate underserved populations through the arts.